PLyrics.com Forum General Discussion Forum :  PLyrics.com
Discuss bands, songs, music genres... 
Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Bands that "suck"
Posted by: Chemo ()
Date: July 09, 2004 09:31PM

I'm reading your posts on bands, and when you don't like a band you say that they "suck"! When infact they do have talent if they are a signed band, or if they just play really really well! Same thing goes for Genres of music! ie. Rancid sucks, Emo sucks!...Which infact neither do! Why do you automatically assume that since you don't like something it "sucks"??? Why don't you all grow up and open your eyes because the world doesn't revolve around your lives! If you don't like something, hate it! don't say it sucks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bands that "suck"
Posted by: From Coca ()
Date: July 09, 2004 09:33PM

That's such a crazy ass photo.... But yeah I like you point.

Posted by: md_kid ()
Date: July 09, 2004 09:33PM

aww that's very smart of you to be mature and adult about ppl saying a certain type of music sucks rather than be all like "well yea you suck then" and immature stuff like that, good job! lol

~Is it true that you like to sleep alone, or is what you just tell everyone?~ NFG- My favorite song quote

Re: Bands that
Date: July 09, 2004 09:45PM

Author: md_kid
Date: 07-09-04 21:33

aww that's very smart of you to be mature and adult about ppl saying a certain type of music sucks rather than be all like "well yea you suck then" and immature stuff like that, good job! lol

Aww I'm not a little 13 year old boy as you might think!

Post Edited (07-09-04 21:45)

Posted by: takingbackemo ()
Date: July 09, 2004 09:48PM

people just like to express themselves,
if a band sucks, we all have a freedom of criticising it.
its more like an expression than a statement

[www.oatmusic.tk]

Date: July 09, 2004 09:49PM

i didn't think you were but i'm just saying most ppl my age (16) or even older don't think like that and are so close-minded that that is really mature of you, and i just say aww a lot lol

~Is it true that you like to sleep alone, or is what you just tell everyone?~ NFG- My favorite song quote

Date: July 09, 2004 09:58PM

"its more like an expression than a statement"

So if it makes you look cool saying it then its ok??

and md_kid ya its been pissing me off lately and I've seen enough of it!

Date: July 09, 2004 10:01PM

lol, its not like its gonna make me look cool.. it is a expression, its like saying shit.. sometimes you cant control the word shit, it just comes out naturally, like when i play ball, some gives me a pass and cant catch, the word shit comes out of my mouth automatically

[www.oatmusic.tk]

Date: July 09, 2004 10:01PM

Of course... Didn't you know that?
We aren't suppose to have morals and thinking standards of our own
::Gasp::
What a thought...
Sorry sarcasim.

Date: July 09, 2004 10:05PM

haha but its so true cuz no one makes desicions for themselves anymore, they just look to other people to decide what they should do, when really you should think for yourself and determine what you personally like rather than what everyone else likes or tells you to like

Date: July 09, 2004 10:07PM

Author: takingbackemo
Date: 07-09-04 22:01

lol, its not like its gonna make me look cool.. it is a expression, its like saying shit.. sometimes you cant control the word shit, it just comes out naturally, like when i play ball, some gives me a pass and cant catch, the word shit comes out of my mouth automatically

i'm the same when I make a bad pass passing a soccerball around!!..

Date: July 09, 2004 10:09PM

I know, and how everyone just assumes they know what's going on inside your head... And they get mad for you and pissed for you when you don't care about something.
The mass think they control the individual... It's odd.

Date: July 09, 2004 10:10PM

i don't understand the need to cuss either because you can say like shoot or something rather than saying shit, although that's not that bad, but i can't stand it when ppl say f*** and B**** all the time, whats the point, there are so many words you can use instead of those

Date: July 09, 2004 10:14PM

Yeah, I know what you mean. But I sadly can say that sometimes I tend to curse like a 10 year old boy trying to be cool. However I try not to as much anymore because there are a lot of more expressive and interesting ways to put things.

Posted by: ArmNosefoot ()
Date: July 09, 2004 10:15PM

People use those words because of the connotations they carry. "Shit" is a much stronger word than "shoot."

Date: July 09, 2004 10:17PM

Yeah that is understood- but when the only things that a person use are fuck and bitch it's hard to hold a conversation.

Date: July 09, 2004 10:19PM

Author: ArmNosefoot
Date: 07-09-04 22:15

People use those words because of the connotations they carry. "Shit" is a much stronger word than "shoot."

exactly

[www.oatmusic.tk]

Date: July 09, 2004 10:24PM

yea but that doesn't mean you hafta use those words in like day to day conversation ya know, like i can understand it if you're like very emotional at that point and are like really mad or sad, then it's ok, but it's when you say it just to say it and think it's cool, that it's really pathetic

Date: July 09, 2004 10:27PM

Yeah and those people that talk about sex all day- and make gay jokes all day and induendo... And that's all they do... It's funny, for awhile... But it gets old fast. Sorry I was just letting some unrelated steam off.

Posted by: ArmNosefoot ()
Date: July 09, 2004 10:35PM

Author: md_kid
Date: 07-09-04 22:24

yea but that doesn't mean you hafta use those words in like day to day conversation ya know, like i can understand it if you're like very emotional at that point and are like really mad or sad, then it's ok, but it's when you say it just to say it and think it's cool, that it's really pathetic

I don't think anyone above the age of 13 says it for the purpose of being cool. After that, it's usually either habit or for effect.

But we digress.

I do largely agree with Chemo's point. There's a lot of music I don't like that doesn't suck. For example, Pink Floyd. I don't like Pink Floyd much, but I'll be damned if they didn't make some really original music, and have a shitload of talent. Then, there's music I do like, but sucks, of which I can't think any examples besides Green Jelly, but they don't count because they TRY to suck. But there is also a hefty amount of music that I don't like because it sucks. There are musicians out there who really can't write or perform music well, from as an objective point of view as I can get on a subject so ardently based in opinion.

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.