PLyrics.com Forum General Discussion Forum :  PLyrics.com
Discuss bands, songs, music genres... 
!!!!!!! Read This First Before Posting !!!!!!! (Last Updated | 09.10.05)
Posted by: Arry ()
Date: January 26, 2005 06:22PM

Updates:
08.29.05: Redefined the rules.
08.23.05: Added the "How To" for Last.FM/Gerpok last played signature.
07.21.05: Redefined the Lyrics Request section.

Rules + Tips
Some small rules and tips you should take notice.

- Multiple accounts are okay as long as you do not spam, or talk to yourself. I will find out about the other names if you start to spam.
- Keep your signature content at a reasonable size. The signature image should not take over the screen, or lag computers.
- Please do not flood the board. Flooding the board means to make a whole bunch of threads in 5 minutes. I will delete every single thread you flood the board with.
- You may post about bands the members should check out, non-music advertising is not allowed. If you do post non-music advertising, I will delete it.
- DO NOT ASK FOR LYRICS ON THE GENERAL DISCUSSION BOARD. I WILL DELETE EVERY LYRIC REQUEST. PLEASE GO TO THE LYRICS REQUEST FORUM.
- Trolling is not allowed.
- Constant flaming is not allowed.
- Nude pictures. Post it in a link with a warning, and I'll be fine with it. If you post it without putting it in a link, I will delete it.
- If you're offended easily, please consider leaving this forum.
- If you are unsure if the idea of your thread hasn't been posted yet, please use the search tool before posting.
- Do not make a thread just to chat with a certain person. That is why the option "Private Message" was created. If you make the thread, I will delete it.
- We do not want to hear your thoughts on bands that you think have "sold out." If you do post about it, I will delete it.
- We do not care if you're more punk/emo/hardcore than us. All we care is about the fucking music.
- Bansh is the admin of the site, and Arry is the moderator of the general discussion forum.
- No black pplzz pleeaaze!!!1! n no fattiezz plz!!1! dey r desgustin cuz dey eat all da chickin

If you break one of these rules, I will give you warnings. If you continue, you will be banned.

To go to the topic you want to look at press Ctrl + F and a box will pop up. Type in the tutorial name you want too look at which are all listed in the table of the contents.

Table Of Contents
1. Forum Code
1a. Inserting Images
1b. Adjusting Text
1c. Coloring Text
1d. Inserting a Link
2. Editing Profile
2a. Getting to Your Profile
2b. Adding Image to Signature
2c. Sending a Private Message
2d. Following Threads
2e. Seeing Other Signatures
3. Other
3a. Editing Your Response
3b. Deleting Threads
3c. Making a New Topic
3d. Lyrics Request
3e. Search
3f. Registrating To The Forum
3g. Audioscrobbler/Last.FM/Gerpok Last Played Signature

Forum Code

1a. Inserting Images
To insert an image into your response, first you must upload your picture to a server. I would suggest Photobucket. To do that, when you're logged into Photobucket, click on the browse button next to the little white box. Find the picture on your computer, then click upload.

When your image is done uploading onto photobucket, there are three little boxes under neath your image that you just recently uploaded. Highlight the bottom of the three boxes and copy.

Then come back to the plyrics phorum, and upload it upon to your response. Then click reply, and you should have your image showing.

1b. Adjusting Text
Ever wonder how to make your text bold? Or italic?
Here are the forum codes to do that. (Remember to delete the spaces!!)

BOLD
[ b ]INSERT YOUR TEXT HERE[ / b ]

ITALIC
[ i ]INSERT YOUR TEXT HERE[ / i ]

UNDERLINE
[ u ]INSERT YOUR TEXT HERE[ / u ]

CENTERING YOUR TEXT

[ center ]INSERT YOUR TEXT HERE[ / center ]

1c. Coloring Text
To color your text, first you must click the color you want from the drop down menu.

then you type in what text you want red in between the forum code.

1d. Inserting a Link
You must remember to remove the spaces, and to remember to always add the http:// or else the code will not work.
Codes to make a link:

< INSERT YOUR URL >
this will turn your url into a link.

[ url ]INSERT YOUR URL[ /url ]
Creates a url that is linked.

[ url=INSERTYOURURL ]NAME YOUR LINK HERE[ /url ]
Links the text.

[ email ]INSERT YOUR EMAIL HERE[ / email ]
Links your email.

Editing Profile

2a. Getting to Your Profile
From the front page of the General Discussion Forum, click on 'My Control Center' which is located near the top of the forum.

2b. Adding Image to Signature
First you must get to your profile, which is shown how from the previous tutorial. Then you must click on 'Edit Signature' which is located to the left hand side.

Then to insert an image to your signature, first you must upload your picture to a server. I would suggest Photobucket. To do that, when you're logged into Photobucket, click on the browse button next to the little white box. Find the picture on your computer, then click upload.

When your image is done uploading onto photobucket, there are three little boxes under neath your image that you just recently uploaded. Highlight the bottom of the three boxes and copy.

Then paste it into your signature box.

Remember, keep your signature image to a small size. No one wants to see your signature all over the screen.

You could add text instead of a picture, or you could combine a picture with words.

2c. Sending a Private Message
First you must get to your profile which is explained how in tutorial 2a. Next you click on 'Send a Private Message' which is located on the left hand side.

Then just enter the user name of the person you want to send the message too in the 'To:' box.

2d. Following Threads
Following a thread is when you get updated on the thread you would like to see the responses too.
To follow a thread is you click on the 'Follow This Thread' which is located underneath the response to the thread.

You could get email updates on the threads you want, or you could check on them in your profile. Just access your profile which is explained how in 2a. and click on 'Show Followed Threads'

2e. Seeing Other Signatures
To see other people's signatures, you first must go to your profile which is explained in 2a. Next you click on 'Forum Settings'

Once you have clicked it, you should see a list of things you can change. Scroll down to the 'Enable "Add my signature" as default:' and change from 'no' to 'yes'

then click submit.

Other

3a. Editing Your Response
Editing your response is a useful thing if you made a bad typo, or changed your mind about your response. To do this, you click on 'Edit Post' under neat the response you want to change.

3b. Deleting Thread
If you've made a mistake, or you want your thread to be deleted. Edit your response to "delete me" or along those lines. Or send me a private message with a link to the thread you want deleted.

3c. Making a New Topic
To make a new topic you just click on 'New Topic' which is located on top of the General Discussion Forum front page.

3d. Lyrics Request
Plyrics.com is the place you look for lyrics. But you do not ask for lyrics here in the General Discussion Forum. The General Discussion Forum is to discuss bands, songs, music genres, and everything else but lyric requests/corrections.

If you're looking for lyrics, or trying to find a song from a lyric, please refer to the Lyrics Request Forum.

This is the General Discussion Forum, and if you do ask for lyrics here I will delete it. here.

3e. Search
Search is a very, very, very useful tool. Before you ask anything, please search. Alot of people are sick and tired of the same kind of thread appearing. To find the search tool, it's located near the top of the general discussion forum.

3f. Registrating To The Forum
The only privilege you have as an unregistrated user, is to read threads. To even respond to a thread you must sign up to the forum. To do that you first need to click 'Log In' which is located near the top of the front page of the general discussion forum.

Then you click 'Not Registered? Click here to register now.' which is located in the first tan box.

3f. Audioscrobbler/Last.FM/Gerpok Last Played Signature
If you want a signature that shows what you last played, visit Last.FM (Ex-Audioscrobbler) or Gerpok. Your choice, but I prefer gerpok. Sign up on either site, and install the plug-in for your media player, whether it be Itunes, or WinAmp. But it supports most media players. Play a track and test it out. The song should appear in your music profile on the Last.FM site or Gerpok.

If you chose Gerpok, make sure that you're signed in. On the left hand side panel there should be a link that says "Image Control Panel." Click on it. Customize your image, and copy the Image URL and using the forum code, paste the code in your signature.

If you chose Last.FM (Ex-Audioscrobbler), paste this code in your signature, and instead of using your image url use this:
http : // www.denness.net/scrobblersig/username/yourusernamehere

make sure you replace the ones that are bolded, with your username, and remove the spaces.

If you have any questions make sure to message me.

If you have any questions, please send me a message and I will try to help you.

/ Last.Fm
/ Questions? Hollar.

Edited 20 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2005 11:20PM by Arry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: !!!!!!! Forum Guide v2 !!!!!!!
Posted by: Arry ()
Date: January 29, 2005 01:08PM

If you have any questions on this forum, feel free to send me a private message.

/ Last.Fm
/ Questions? Hollar.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2005 09:05PM by Arry.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.